The Director of Analytical Services leads a team of Analysts and Scientists in the performance of Quality Control (QC) and Analytical Development & Validation (D&V) testing for drug products. He manages laboratory resources to ensure priority activities meet timelines.
- Responsible for the overall management of the laboratory analysts and performance evaluation
- Supervises the activities of the analytical laboratories and the planning of the work by the supervisor and team leader.
- Provide scientific leadership and technical expertise, mentorship, and guidance to the Analytical Services group
- Recommend and implement new technologies in analytical laboratories
- Act as a leader by implementing a culture of continuous improvement and bring about change management in a positive way
- Ensure the efficient use of material, financial and human resources to carry out proper management of analysis costs and adherence to budgets
- Participate in the price negotiation and recommendation process for new equipment, new suppliers of laboratory supplies
- Ensure compliance with regulations, internal SOPs and HSE standards
- Evaluate and approve internal and external analytical non-standards.
- Proactively collaborate with other groups to achieve continuous process improvement
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and audits regarding work performed.
Required skills and experience:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Member of the Ordre des Chimistes (required)
- More than 10 years of experience in the analysis of pharmaceutical products including 5 years with personnel management responsibilities
- Bilingual (French/English) at a professional written and verbal level
- Extensive knowledge of GLP & GMP regulations and ICH guidance documents and industry standards for analytical methods
- Ability to manage resources, budget, and schedules to ensure timely completion of tasks and delivery of data and reports
- Ability to work successfully with an interdisciplinary team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills